Thursday, April 3, 2014

Out with the Old. In with the New!

On April 26, 2004, I closed on my first home.  It was a 3 bedroom condo about 30 miles away from my hometown.  I was 25 years old and scared.  I called my parents shortly after signing the offer to purchase in tears saying I just wasn’t sure about this.  It was so much money and a HUGE commitment.  It literally took my breath away that I was actually BUYING A HOME!

During this time I got married, owned a cat, had a baby, lost the cat (well, he actually ran away), hosted a few holidays and small parties, landscaped, remodeled, and bought two cars. 

Now, 10 years later, I finally sold the condo.  Tonight is the eve of closing on our new home.  It is such a different feeling.  I’m not scared or nervous, just anxious to move in.  It is a beautiful 4 bedroom, 3 bath house in a town MUCH closer to our hometown.  It does need some work, but we are looking forward to making this house our home forever (or at least I never plan to move again if I can help it).

We took the little guy through the house tonight for our final walk through and he picked out his bedroom.  We’ve already bought bamboo flooring to remodel the dining room, kitchen, dinette, hallway, and first floor bedroom.  We have paint swatches and the moving truck is coming with our stuff mid-morning.  I’ve filled out the address changes and even started using the new address this week.  Yep, I’m definitely ready to move in!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Good luck today! I can't wait to see your new FOREVER home!

Unknown said...

You did good! A lovely house to make a loving home.